Wednesday, August 11, 2010

V&A Museum Fashion

I really enjoyed this fashion exhibition in the Victoria & Albert Museum. Originally, we had planned to go to the Grace Kelly Exhibition but we were dismayed to find that all the tickets for that day had already been sold out. But our disappointment was soon forgotten as we stumbled across the permanent V&A fashion collection.

I took this photo of my friend in awe of a Catherine Walker dress which Princess Di commissioned in 1989 for an official visit to Hong Kong.

Chanel-1932 Lanvin-1935

I was literally breathless at this Chanel dress, its so beautiful. Being from the 1930's makes it even more incredible. I have so much admiration for all the designers featured in this post. Every dress/outfit is creative, innovative and of course, inspiring. I felt like I was in heaven.

Yves Saint Laurent-1960 Madeleine Vionnet-1933

Alexander McQueen-2010

Me and an Ossie Clark Dress form the 1960's. I had to get a photo with this dress- I love Ossie Clark! The essential designer from the Swinging Sixties in London, what's not it love!

Jean Paul Gaultier

Madeleine Vionnet-1935

Elsa Schiaparelli-1938



No comments:

Post a Comment